Life isn't made up of the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away.

Anonymous

Live life so that at the end of it, you have no regrets. Instead, you have stories full of love and laughter so you can hold your head up high, no matter what.

Catherine O.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Birthdays and Reflection.

Yesterday was my 27th Birthday, and wow what a day it was. I loved it. People may wonder how sitting home doing laundry may be wonderful, but it really was. I got to catch up on all my laundry that I had been putting off for about 2 weeks and had about 2 hampers full. I know, bad. It wasn't A LOT but it was just bulky. Sheets, some towels, jeans, stuff you don't really think about. So I got all that done, and finally tackled the spare room.

And I didn't just stay home, I was able to go to lunch with my mother. I love my mom. She is such a wonderful woman. She helped me to become whom I am today. Her and my father both made me a strong and independent woman, and I am so grateful to them. So we went to lunch, and I went back to her work and sat with her for another hour and talked to people in her office.

My brother moved to Utah about a week ago, and I was staying in the spare room. So I got to move into his room while the spare room is becoming the guest room. It's nice to be able to have a bed in there that I can make because it's not against the wall, and a window you can open because it has a screen on it. Laughs. It really wasn't that bad in the spare room, it got hot because it was on the outside of the house but that's about the only complaint I had. I slept in there, that was about all.

So after I came home, and my brother is watching a show that I just started and he paused it so I wouldn't get things ruined when I got to it.... I got to tackle what I had been putting off very well for the past few weeks, the spare room.

So I had to move my entire closet and dresser in the other room, as well as all my boxes and papers... and I am kind of a pack rat, pretty bad to be honest. So that was a feat. By the end of it I was just grabbing bags up off my floor and throwing stuff in them to get the room cleaned up, recycling bottles, and getting clothes all hung up. And it only took me about 45 minutes, so I was proud.

I know this sounds terrible. But it points out how wonderful I thought the day was. I had a fan, I had a room that was mine to set up how I wanted, I had the opportunity to get rid of all the stuff I was just holding onto without a reason, I was happy as a clam. So I got it all out, put most of it on my bed, and started to sort through my many storage boxes I hadn't touched in months. I got rid of 80 to 90 percent of the stuff in those boxes which I didn't need and if I did I could buy it again.

This was all while my mom was working, brother was watching a show, and dad was taking a nap. My brother-in-law and sister came over last night, and I was able to celebrate with the family. We had my favorite dinner, Swedish Meatballs with rice, watermelon, french bread, and peas. We got streamers put up in my bedroom and we got to spend time with the kids.

Poor Alex has a fever, so he was pretty tired and just didn't want to do much which isn't like him at all. I will admit I was a bit worried about him.

So we finally got to opening the gifts, and I LOVE my niece and nephews. They were so excited they wanted to help. I had Camden bring me the smallest of the gifts, which was a cool Willow Tree Figure. My mom has gotten me hooked now.

Ari brought me the next one, which turned out to be a throw blanket that is SO incredibly soft! And then Alex brought me the biggest one, the one I was SO excited to open. My GORGEOUS new comforter. It's fluffy, rich, and absolutely stunning. Ruby red, with gold filigree threads, and just beyond stunning. It came with the decorative pillows, and the pillow shams, so that made me very happy! I was going to put it on my bed, but Camden being so adorable... He grabbed the small square pillow, put it on the floor, lay his sweet head on it, and pull the comforter over himself like he was going to take a nap. Melt my heart right there and then.

SO it was pretty much the best birthday ever. I got to be with my family, got some amazing gifts, and am happy as a clam. I am 27 on the 27th.... So as far as Golden Birthdays go, I think it was pretty slamming!

So I know this is late to post, just had to wait until I was able to finish it! :D

No comments: