Telling yourself you are going through a lifestyle change is hard, but I think saying you are on a diet would be a lot harder. It's easier to say you are going off a diet, it is also easier to cheat yourself when you are on a diet.
I am having a lifestyle change, and while it is hard, it is something that I had to do. I feel more confident than I did before, and while I can't see immediate changes, I will say that I am seeing a change in my pants. I was pushing a really large size, and recently was able to fit into pants that are 3 sizes smaller than the pants I was fitting in before. Of course, this depends on the pant itself, and the cut of the pants.
Jeans are a little harder to squeeze into, there is not as much give as slacks. That can be a little depressing, however when you see your pants going down and your tops are going slower. It's like "Can't you go down together? Why is it just loosing on the bottom???" I will say that I am fitting better in my clothes, and tops that used to be super tight are now fitting better. However, it is annoying that while my clothes are fitting better, I am still not at the size that I would like to be.
However, when I look back I am glad for where I am. I am a lot more healthy now than I was. And while working yesterday and today at the High School and walking around for 3 1/2 hours each time isn't ideal, it did allow me to walk off most of what I ate during the day. It was crazy to stand there, in the cold at 6:30 in the morning and watch the sun rise, but it was beautiful.
I don't regret my decision, it's just a lot more work than I am used to. And I hope to be able to keep this going. I weigh myself tomorrow morning, and I have currently lost 43 lbs. I will hopefully go down, but sometimes I go up and that's OK. Sometimes you have to go up before you drop again.
I am grateful that my mom is doing this, because this is allowing me to take the control I need to have in my life. This was me before I started this whole thing...
This is me now. I will add more as they come up. I think my face looks a bit smaller, but that could just be me. :) Here's to more weight coming off, and more joy in who I am.


No comments:
Post a Comment