Life isn't made up of the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away.

Anonymous

Live life so that at the end of it, you have no regrets. Instead, you have stories full of love and laughter so you can hold your head up high, no matter what.

Catherine O.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Oh boy...People need to calm down

Lately, things have seemed to implode.  I don't exactly know what happened, or why it happened, but a friend of mine who I think of almost like an uncle got upset with me.  I made a small comment about something we do on the weekend, and he just exploded.  I am honestly very hurt, and I don't know what I did to set him off.  He is suddenly not talking to us, and he is suddenly being very upset with me.
I will admit, that I am done.  I am done with divas, done with egos, and done with puffed up peacocks.  When someone gets their panties in a wad, they don't see how much they hurt others.  They don't see that I am the one who is sitting here, wondering how I could have made this person I care about turn on me.  They don't see how I am sitting here, happy for my friends that are moving on with their lives and still feeling as stuck as ever.  They don't see how I am trying desperately to not cry, and to not take my frustration out on others as I sit and wonder why I am the one that has to be attacked. 
I am tired of feeling like I have to be the strong one.  I have to be the bigger person. I have to be the one to let go of everything and I have to be the one to turn the other cheek.  Well, right now I want to scream, stamp my foot, and demand that everyone stop being children and start acting their age.  I am at that point that I want to act like the toddler, I want to throw a temper tantrum, and I want to scream how life isn't fair.  Than I want to sit down with 2 pounds of See's Candy and just drown my sorrows.
But I won't.  I won't drown my sorrows in chocolate.  I won't throw a fit, and I won't be a toddler.  I will be the adult that I was raised to be, and I will ignore everyone who isn't being kind to me.  My heart may be hurting inside, but I am not going to hold my breath that anyone is going to apologize or see just how much they hurt me. 
Why am I the designated whipping girl?  Why am I the door mat, the punching bag, or the scape goat?  I am SO Over it.  So anyone wants to come and try to attack me again, watch out.  I will be holding a bazooka because I am over this crap, and I will unload a holy heck of a lot of pent up rage if someone comes after me in the next few days....
So this is what has been going on with me over the last 24 hours...  I hope the rest of you are doing better.

No comments: