I was driving home from Volleyball last night, listening to my music and a song came on that I totally understood how she felt when she wrote it. She is screaming to be heard, wanting someone to hold her. She's tired of being alone, and she's tired of not having someone in her life, so she is crying out for someone to come and rescue her from being single.
I have been in that place. I have been where I have been screaming inside for someone to rescue me from being single. I have been where I feel like just another face in the crowd. I have been where it seems like I am just begging for someone to be there, and feeling like no one is.
And that's when I realized JUST how grateful I am for this gospel. It doesn't matter how alone I feel, or how loudly I feel like I am screaming. I am NEVER alone in the crowd. I am never someone who has nobody there. While I physically am not able to get a hug from Heavenly Father, I can feel his love for me. I know that he is there for me. I also know that my family is there for me, and I love that.
I never have to worry about not having someone in my life. I have had moments where I was so physically alone that I was crying in my apartment. I asked Heavenly Father to help me, and the tears stopped, and I felt peace and love. I have had it happen so many times where I felt protected and loved that I wonder how people are able to go through their lives without knowing that the Lord is personally aware of what we go through, and loves us. He protects us when he can. He is happy for us, and sad when we hurt.
When we make decisions, he allows us the consequences. Good or bad, we have to accept the consequences for what we did, and that never changes. To have this knowledge made me very blessed, and very grateful.
I love the Gospel, I am grateful to be a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and hope that I am able to share that love with other people.
While I may understand where the artist was when she wrote her song, I couldn't help but feel sad for her and her lonliness. The Lord is out there, he is waiting for us to come to him. He has his hands out, waiting for us to take them. I am grateful for the opportunity to not have that sorrow in my life, and am anxiously awaiting the time where I have a true love of my own.
2 comments:
Hugs my friend...HUGE HUGS!!!! I wish I could just drive over there and give you the biggest hug ever right now! The Lord knows we both could use a good one right now!
That's a really sweet post. Thank you for sharing those feelings with us. It always helps me to hear others' testimonies :)
Post a Comment