Life isn't made up of the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away.

Anonymous

Live life so that at the end of it, you have no regrets. Instead, you have stories full of love and laughter so you can hold your head up high, no matter what.

Catherine O.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm so tired. It's good.

Wow, today was sure not a restful day. I worked both jobs, and now I am up and should really be in bed but oh well.
I am starting to tell people that I am moving, and people are having mixed reactions. Everyone seems to ask me why. That got me to thinking why do people move? What is it about moving that has people doing it? Why do you feel the need for somewhere new? I am doing it because I need a change. I need to go home to be happy. I have better opportunities out there, the climate is better, I don't have to worry about DEER or any other large animal jumping on my hood of my car. But I also don't want to do this because I am afraid of going on. I want everyone to know that I am doing this because it's right for me. I need it for MY sanity and my strength.

My mother put it very well tonight when we spoke about it. She told me I left home a little girl, and I am returning a woman. I did leave home a girl, very shy and outgoing when you got to know me. Very wet behind the ears, unsure as to what I should do with my life. Afraid to make a mistake or get hurt. And now I am a woman, confident and poised. Moving for a career opportunity and for experiences to strengthen my life with my family. I am moving for me.

I am the woman I needed to become because I moved to Utah 7 years ago. Now it's time for me to go home. It's going to be bittersweet because I love my friends, but it's going to be amazing because I love my family SO much more. No offense, but they know me better. They have seen my good and bad. When everyone else runs away, they run to me. They know what button to push to stop me from melting down. They know me inside out. I think that's why God gave us families.

So please don't be concerned as to why I am going home. It's for me. It's for my sanity and happiness. I hope everyone understands that. If not, than I am sorry. But it's for me. I can't worry about you. Please be happy for me.

No comments: